Education about household energy consumption and options for saving energy should start from an early age.
How to Save Energy for Kids
Fantastic Handyman gathered a list of the nine basic ways kids can help with saving energy, protecting the environment, and of course, make it a little easier on their parent’s wallets when the electricity bill arrives.
- Turn off the lights whenever you leave the room.
- When using the AC, make sure all doors and windows are closed.
- Pull curtains from the windows to use all the sunlight you can get during the day.
- Bath as fast as you can to save energy from bathroom lighting.
- Pull the plug on any device you’re not currently using.
- Don’t keep the fridge door open for long.
- Switch the facet off, while brushing your teeth.
- Teach parents the money-saving benefits of LED lights.
- Teach parents that home appliances use up less electricity at night.